Sunday, March 11, 2012

Helloween - If I Could Fly


Artist: Helloween
Song: If I Could Fly
Album: The Dark Ride (Get the album on Amazon)

The feeling of the song is described best with the title "If I Could Fly". The song is written, composed and sung by Andi Deris, who replaced Michael Kiske as a singer in 1994. I think he did a great job, especially on "The Dark Ride".
The piano melody in the intro, played by John Ellenbrock, is what sets the feeling for the song. When it gets mixed with the  heavy guitars and pounding drums, with the voice of Andi Deris flying over it all, it is a great Helloween song. It's also one of the most popular Helloween songs.
Of course I must mention the solo, which I think is by Michael Weikath. Great short solo that gets the most out of every note.

I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

  1. Actually my favorite song of Helloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I would have a hard time picking one favorite, but this is definitely on my top 5 :)

    ReplyDelete