Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spotify playlist thing, part 2

Here's the continuation on the post about songs from my playlists on spotify.

Playlist: Techno/Trance/Electronic music
Song: DJ Splash - Crying Soul
I've done a post on this song before, but here it is again :p One of my favorite techno songs.

Playlist: Black Metal
Song: Ihsahn - Scarab
An awesome song. Great riffs and melodic parts. I like the vocals too.

 Playlist: Smooth Jazz (Other jazz)
Song: Lee Ritenour - Night Rhythms
Awesome rhythms and melodies. The song features two of my favorite instruments: Guitar and saxophone. They both make such beautiful sounds.

 Playlist: U2
Song: U2 - Vertigo
A really cool song by one of the most famous rock bands in the world.

 Playlist: Covers
Song: Northern Kings - Don't Stop Believin'
Northern Kings have some of the most awesome covers I've heard, including this one. The singer is Marco Hietala from Nightwish. He is amazing. There's also an awesome guitar/keyboard solo.

 Playlist: The Scarecrow Saga
Song: Avantasia - The Edge
The lyrics, music, voice... It's all so great. Tobias Sammet's amazing skill as a composer, lyricist and singer is why Avantasia and Edguy are both high up in my list of favorite bands.

 Playlist: Glam/pop Metal
Song: Nitro - Freight Train
What brought this band to my attention was Michael Angelo Batio, who is the incredibly skilled guitarist with the quadruple guitar. Jim Gilette, the singer, is also quite skilled. They also look very "Glam"

 Playlist: Don't understand the lyrics :p
Song: Girugamesh - I Think I Can Fly
This is awesome. A good mix of heavy and less heavy makes this a really good song.

 Playlist: Funny ;D
Song: Stephen Lynch - Grandfather
Stephen Lynch is a musical comedian with some lyrics that probably offends many people. He's also a very good musician with a great voice and very funny at times.

 Playlist: Hip-Hop/Rap
Song: ICP - Miracles
I like this song mostly because of the lyrics. (also there's a guitar solo at the end, which gives it bonus points)
"Music is a lot like love, it's all a feeling
And it fills the room, from the floor to the ceiling"

I think I'll end it here for now, even though I have more playlists. The post is getting very long and it's getting late. Maybe I'll do the rest of the playlists tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment