Saturday, February 2, 2013

Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omniscient, Album Review

Hi, I'm here again :)
I'm going to review the album "Ziltoid The Omniscient" by Devin Townsend. Before you start listening to the album, I just want to mention that Devin Townsend, in addition to writing all the songs, did, to quote wikipedia: "vocalsguitarbasskeyboardsprogrammingproductionmixing, engineering", which is basically everything needed to make the album. If that's not impressive, then I don't know what is.



Click this for lyrics

Tracklist: 

1 - ZTO
2 - By Your Command
3 - Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!
4 - Solar Winds
5 - Hyperdrive
6 - N9
7 - Planet Smasher
8 - Omnidimensional Creator
9 - Color Your World
10 - The Greys
11 - Tall Latte


ZTO hits hard and makes me headbang within three seconds of listening to the album. It also introduces the humorous elements of the album.
By Your Command is so epic that it might be my favorite song from this album. The whole sound in the intro is just perfect. The end is also very awesome.
Ziltoidia Attaxx!!! Is heavier and has a very cool groove. The guitar solo is kind of funny too.
Solar Winds: The story continues, and is still quite funny. The two and a half minutes after the talking intro are calm and beautiful.
Hyperdrive: This song is more straightforward. I like the riff and the vocals.
N9: Cool song. The guitar solo is awesome
Planet Smasher: Might be the heaviest song on the album. I like Herman.
Omnidimensional Creator: Talking interlude.
Color Your World: The vocals are really cool in this one. I like the heavy ending.
The Greys: Heavy, but relaxing song. Has some beautiful vocals.
Tall Latte: A funny ending that puts the whole story in another perspective.

Favorite quotes:
"I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!"


"But, Captain Spectacular has seen through Ziltoid's façade and now sets out to expose Ziltoid for what he really is...a nerd."

"Foul pest! And by the way the names Herman. And I hate musicals!"

I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment