Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Random Song Post

Boney James - Contact:
This song is just beautiful. The saxophone playing is great throughout the entire album. I do enjoy the sound of a saxophone. What really gets me, though, is the incredible guitar solo. It's one of the best guitar solos I've heard lately. It bothers me that I can't figure out who plays it!

Nightwish - Storytime:
Symphonic metal is always awesome. Nightwish's latest album once more proves this to be true. The chorus in this song is catchy and epic. The drums sound great, Anette's vocals are quite good. The symphonic work is really nice. It was arranged and directed by Pip Williams.

Tool - Lateralus:
The intro is calm, yet you can hear it building up to the heavy riff that is soon to come. Then the vocals come with a cool rhythm to back them. He actually sings phrases with syllables that follows the Fibonacci numbers (1,1,2,3,5,8,5,3). I wish I'd learned about this in math instead of all the boring stuff.

Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil:
That guitar sound! It's one of the reasons why Eddie Van Halen is regarded so highly. Another reason is his playing. Just listen to those riffs and solos! I also like the driving bass, the great drums and the cool vocals.

I hope you like the songs :)

PS. I've just finished a Squidoo lens that might interest fellow guitarists: http://www.squidoo.com/what-to-learn-on-guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment