Monday, August 6, 2012

New Avantasia Album! (Release in spring 2013)

Here's what Tobi says:
" Even though I love to record and tour with Edguy, I didn‘t foresee how much I need AVANTASIA when I decided to finish this chapter of my life in 2011. I didn't know if there would be another AVANTASIA album one day, but I didn‘t feel like doing it. After the worldwide success of the latest studio releases, an arena world tour that was sold out pretty much everywhere, collaborations with childhood heroes like Alice Cooper, Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Singer of Kiss etc. I 'knew' that I had said everything I could possibly say in the name of AVANTASIA. But that's not what AVANTASIA is all about. I wanna create more great music, I wanna create more fantasy-worlds, the bigger and the more epic, the better. And listening to the material that I have created for this forthcoming chapter in the history of AVANTASIA, I know there is no way, I am not going to do it! I have got the feeling and the certainty, that this is absolutely meant to happen and to be! - Cheerz, Tobi"

You can read more about it om Tobias Sammet's website.

To quote Avantasia's title: "The story ain't over"
I can't stress this enough: THIS! ALBUM! IS! GOING! TO! BE! AWESOME! :D
They're planning on releasing it in the spring of 2013, which will be a long wait for something as awesome as this, but I have faith that it will be worth it and much more.

For the people who don't know about Avantasia: Here's the last song of their (thankfully not) last album:

No comments:

Post a Comment