Saturday, May 19, 2012

Beethoven - Symphony no. 6 (Movement 1)


Composer: Beethoven
Performers: William Steinberg conducting the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra

I reccomend listening to this outside on a nice, sunny spring or summer day with birds flying about and a slight breeze in your face. If you don't, close your eyes and the music will probably take you to such a place anyways.
It's amazing how Beethoven manages to describe feelings so accurately. This first movement is titled "Awakening of cheerful feelings upon arrival in the country". That's exactly how I feel when I'm listening to this. Like I've just arrived at a beautiful place and is noticing one wonder after another.
Of course I reccomend listening to the whole symphony as well, rather than just the first movement.
You can hear the rest here:
Movement 2
Movement 3
Movement 4+5

I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment