Thursday, April 19, 2012

Costume Kids - All The Girls

Hello to everybody who reads this! I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. This will count as the post I should have done yesterday and then I'll do another one later today.

Costume Kids - All the girls (Click here to hear the song)

This band was recommended to me in a comment a couple of days ago. I've now listened to it and it was surprisingly good. It's an Indie Pop band called Costume Kids.
The song I chose was the one I liked the most as I listened through all of their songs. It starts off with this really nice choral effect. When the music kicks in I notice that all the instruments interact very nicely. The rhythm section is great with the bass mostly following the bass drum. You can also hear a guitar solo backed by another guitar, which is more in the background.
They've also put in some great breaks, in which the guitar suddenly is isolated and is playing a cool riff that continues as the drums brings it into the chorus or pre-chorus (I'm not quite sure exactly what it is, I'm just guessing).
The band has published 5 songs on soundcloud and they're all great. I recommend listening to them all!

I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment