Sunday, April 8, 2012

Black Sabbath - War Pigs


Artist: Black Sabbath
Song: War Pigs

It's been a really long time since I listened to Black Sabbath. About 2-3 years, I think. I forgot how great their music was, but that just makes it even better to rediscover it :)
"War Pigs" is an antiwar song, as you can probably tell from the lyrics. 
The intro is awesome, and it was amazing listening to it after several years of not listening to it. The guitar playing is awesome. Tony Iommi is amazing with guitar riffs, and the solo in this song is amazing as well. It was ranked #56 on Guitar World's list over the 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.
Geezer Butler's bass is another thing i notice in the intro. Great bass line and the sound is really cool.
Then the intro is finished and Ozzy starts singing. He's got a great voice and it really suits the song and style of music Sabbath played.
After the first verse there's some really cool drumming by Bill Ward. When I think about it, i realize that there's great drumming all over the song.
I think this is the best song by Black Sabbath, though I haven't heard all their songs, so I can't be sure. At least it's my favorite from the songs that I've heard.

I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

  1. Great song to sing along. I've got this album on CD. Maybe I'll review it next time. It's been a long time since I reviewed Sabbaths. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'll check it out if you do review it :)

      Delete