Monday, March 19, 2012

Def Leppard fun fact :)

Hello everyone! I just found out something that I think is quite cool. I'm watching a video about the making of  Def Leppard's Hysteria album and Joe Elliott was talking about the song "Rocket" and how he started making that.
He heard the rhythm of this song (You can really hear the similarity to the rhythm in "Rocket" at 0:25):

Joe got a sample of that rhythm, made a loop of the drums and came up with some chords.
And that was how this song started:

The lyrics are made up of a lot of song titles and bands that was "supposed to be...a journey through the youth of someone who was our age" - Joe Elliott.

I just thought it was really cool to see how this brilliant music is made. If you want to see the videos, click here.

I hope you enjoy it and I'll post again later today for the "song of the day"

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, love that song Rocket, and I love Def Leppard. they rock. Thank God I discovered their music. They rock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Def Leppard is one of my favorite bands :)

      Delete