Sunday, February 12, 2012

Instrument of the Week - Hang

The hang is a relatively new instrument. It was developed in Switzerland in 2000 by Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer. Here's some more information if you want to know more. I wont bother copying all of it.
I really like the sound of the Hang. It's very relaxing and beautiful. And I would like to point out that, although the way it's played is similar, it is not a type of drum. Labeling it as a drum is discouraged because treating it like a drum will limit the sounds and music you can get out of it
I'll just stop boring you and get on with the videos:

This was the first video I saw featuring the Hang:

Here's Manu Delago playing on a french TV show:

And here's Dante Bucci playing the song Fanfare:

And finally Rafael Sotomayor playing "This is not a drum":


I hope you enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment